10 Safest Highways in Texas
Posted on Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 at 7:48 pm
Texas is a vast state with an extensive highway system, and safety on the roads is always a top priority. Here are ten of the safest highways in Texas based on recent statistics:
1) SH 130: This toll road runs from Georgetown to Seguin and is one of the safest highways in Texas. It has very few intersections, and its wide, open lanes make it easier to avoid accidents.
2) I-10: This major east-west highway spans the entire state and has seen a decline in fatal accidents in recent years due to increased safety measures.
3) I-20: Another major east-west highway, I-20 has seen a decrease in accidents thanks to stricter law enforcement and safety initiatives.
4) SH 71: This highway runs from La Grange to Brady and has been recognized for its low accident rate and high safety standards.
5) US 290: This highway connects Houston to Austin and has seen a decrease in accidents due to improvements in infrastructure and safety measures.
6) I-45: Running from Dallas to Galveston, I-45 has seen a decline in accidents due to increased law enforcement and safety campaigns.
7) SH 6: This highway connects Waco to College Station and has seen a decrease in accidents thanks to improved road design and safety initiatives.
8) I-35: This north-south highway runs the entire length of Texas and has seen a decline in accidents thanks to increased enforcement of traffic laws and safety campaigns.
9) SH 71: This highway runs from Austin to Bastrop and has been recognized for its low accident rate and high safety standards.
10) US 83: This highway runs from Laredo to the Oklahoma border and has seen a decrease in accidents due to improvements in infrastructure and safety measures.
It’s important to note that even on these safer highways, drivers should always practice caution and follow traffic laws to ensure their safety and the safety of others on the road.